Markus/Moss is a nationally-recognized trial and appellate boutique law firm known for taking on and winning difficult criminal defense cases. The Firm’s lawyers accept only a small number of high-stakes cases at any given time so that they can dedicate their full attention to every client. The Firm’s founder, David Oscar Markus, is a Harvard-educated lawyer who has been described as “wickedly smart and a terrific trial lawyer.” His clients say that he is “the whole package” and “a creative, courageous and tenacious courtroom advocate.” One recent publication said: “David Markus is amazing, not only because of the strength and genius of his arguments and motions, but also because of his brilliant and astonishing performances during the hearings. Additionally, he radiates so much confidence, and that in itself soothes the usual anguish and anxiety that you endure during these types of situations. Last but not least, he is such a great human being.”
The Firm handles a wide variety of criminal defense matters, with an emphasis in representing business-people and professionals in federal white-collar investigations, prosecutions, and appeals around the country. For example, Markus/Moss has successfully represented CEOs in complex criminal antitrust cases and fraud cases, doctors in health care fraud cases, lawyers in mortgage fraud cases, politicians in election fraud investigations, companies and executives in environmental matters, and so on.
Markus/Moss is also widely recognized for its successful and creative work in Florida state courts, which include RICO prosecutions, DUI Manslaughter cases, gambling matters and others.
The Firm has a reputation for its skill in handling high-profile matters both in court and in the media if need be. It has successfully represented numerous high-profile clients, including athletes in all major sports, politicians, movie directors, chefs, and the like, making sure that their reputations are intact after the case is concluded.
Although many of the Firm’s cases are resolved without charges ever being brought (and therefore remain confidential), this website will give you a small sample of some of the public cases that the Firm has handled. To learn more, please click here.
- Jury finds prominent lawyer/politician not guilty in federal environmental trial. Press coverage here. (December 2021).
- Federal appellate court reverses and vacates conviction for doctor charged with health care fraud, and she is immediately freed from prison. Press coverage here.
- Judge finds president of company not guilty in federal mortgage fraud trial. Press coverage here.
- Jury finds medical doctor not guilty in federal trial. Press coverage here.
- Best Lawyers 2022 named David Markus White Collar Lawyer of the Year, and Margot Moss and Mona Markus top lawyers. The Firm is also listed as a top tier law firm for Criminal Defense.
- Chambers & Partners 2020 named Markus/Moss a top law firm, with accolades for David Markus and Margot Moss.
- Named “Most Effective Criminal Lawyers,” 2018 Daily Business Review.
David Oscar Markus hosts the popular Southern District of Florida blog, which provides news and notes regarding federal practice in the Southern District of Florida.
Here is the latest post:
- Triple Crown Winner
By Michael CarusoAs David noted in a prior post, Judge Williams and I had the privilege of speaking at Magistrate Judge Augustin-Birch's […]
40 NW Third Street, Penthouse One
Miami, FL 33128
Email David Markus:
Email Margot Moss:
Email Mona Markus:
Email Lauren Doyle:
Email Todd Yoder:
Email Katie Miller:
Email Carmen Aguero, Office Manager:
David also hosts the popular podcast, For the Defense. The latest episode:
Stay in touch with us and get updates on the Firm, the Podcast, and more:
Copyright © 2005-2022 Markus/Moss
Disclaimer: Material presented on this criminal defense law firm website is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended as professional or legal advice and should not be construed as such.